Step by Step to Install Windows Server 2008
In this tutorial will be shown step by step for installing Windows Server 2008. In the process intalasi Windows Server 2008 there are two types of options, the first is the Full Installation, where, when using this type of installation will be done in a normal and complete with Windows-style GUI. The second is the Core Installation, where if you use this type, all activities will be conducted by mode CLI (Command Line Interface) or text-only mode only. The purpose of the installation with the type of core is to save resources, because only install components required. [Step by Step to Install Windows Server 2008]
Before the installation, you also need to identify the minimum hardware for the installation of Windows Server. To find out, please you check Microsoft''s site directly, at the address: www.microsoft.com. After preparing the hardware that will be used to perform the installation, now you can start the installation. [Step by Step to Install Windows Server 2008
- Arrange the initial boot your computer from the DVD-ROOM, because the installation will be done with DVD media.
- Insert your Windows Server 2008 DVD into the optical drive in your computer, then restart your computer.
- Will display the message Press any key to boot from CD ..., press is any button (eg Enter).
- The new display will appear black with the word Windows is loading files ..., followed by the display again by writing loading Microsoft Corporation.
- Then you will be confronted with new window that contains the Language to install, the options for language to be used. Time and currency format, namely the choice of time where your current location. Keyboard or input method is the type of keyboard that will be used. Choose according to your tastes or needs. In this example, I use the default settings. Click Next. [Step by Step to Install Windows Server 2008]
- The next step is to choose the edition of Windows Server 2008 that you want to install. Edition you choose should suit your needs. For more details about the editions of Windows Server 2008 you can ask Uncle Google, because it will be very long if it is described here. In this example I use the edition of Windows Server 2008 Enterprise (Full Installation). Give also check I have selected the edition of Windows That I purchased. If you already click Next.
- Next Steps You will be asked what type of installation you will use. Upgrades is the type that used when previous installation on your computer already installed Windows Server versions prior to 2008 and you want to upgrade. Because in my computer does not have any operating system or are still empty, then the Upgrade option is disabled. While the choice of Custom (Advanced) is an option that is used to perform a custom installation. With the Custom option you can specify the partition where your Windows Server will be installed, how much disk space that will be used, and so forth. In this tutorial I use the Custom option.
- Next you''ll be asked, where you will install Windows Server 2008. Here I only have a hard drive with one partition that has spase 50GB, and I want to use my entire hard drive to install Windows Server 2008, then I click on my partition, and immediately I click Next. If you want to share your partitions, formatting, and so forth, you can use the Option Drive options (Advanced). [Step by Step to Install Windows Server 2008]
- After the copy process is complete the computer will restart automatically. After that will see the message The user''s password must be changed before logging on the first time, just click Ok, because I''m sure you already get the point.
- The next window you are required to enter a new password. in Windows Server 2008 password must have the following criteria: 1) The password does not contain your username 2) Minimum of 6 characters 3) Contain uppercase, lowercase, and also symbols. If you already click the arrow beside.
- [Step by Step to Install Windows Server 2008]